The Watchman On The Wall

The Watchman On The Wall
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Verse 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Roman Catholic Saints Are Next

d0fe2e50a9fa41339f7d13c96458bf6b Junipero Serra Statue Vandalized In Mission Hills

Reader comment: 

Dear Watchman: with all the news this past   week of the neo-nazi's  and KKK in Charlotlesville, Virginia...  I just to let you know that I wish to do my part!

Please Boycott and DO NOT USE THE $1.00, $20.00, $50.00 AND $100.00 bills as they have images of slave owners on them!

Please, I ask of you...please gather all of these hideous forms of racism, and send them to me, and I will see to it that they are disposed of properly!

You do not need to thank me, I do this as a public service for my country.  Get rid of them immediately!

It is horrible that these people have their picures on "our currency" as they have shown racism to our country.  I wish to do my part........................A

Several people stopped by a statue of Father Junipero Serra in a park across from Mission San Fernando on Thursday after a photo made the rounds on social media appearing to show the statue had been vandalized.
A picture circulating Facebook showed the statue spray-painted red and the word “murder” written on Serra in white.
Crystal Cruz saw red paint on Serra’s arm and a swastika on the statue of the child standing next to him.
“Everyone’s entitled to their own public opinions and thoughts,” said Cristian Mendoza. “But once it gets to this level I don’t think it’s right.”
“I came because some friends posted a photo of the defaced statue and I wanted to see if it was in fact correct,” Paul Minette said.
The photo comes at a time when many are calling for the removal of controversial statues. Some argue Serra is not the saint the Catholic Church paints him out to be. Instead, they claim he used California Indians and destroyed part of their culture.
“I think the statue should come down from this park, and then put some appreciation to the Native people that live here,” Cristian Ramirez said.
“It’s a beautiful park for people to enjoy and for others to come and take that away from us is wrong,” Minette said.
Some people say there’s no room in the park for graffiti.
“This park is mainly used for taking photos, and it’s a nice park, but it’s not the right place to express your hatred,” Mendoza said.
“You need to respect and conserve everything,” Taresa Cirracco said.
Ramirez would like the statue moved to a museum.

“We don’t want this violent history to be praised in our community,” Ramirez said.

No comments: