Jeff Berwick wrote this article.
This summer we said things were going to get crazy this fall.
· Two months ago, Russia and the US were not basically at war, but today they are thanks to Syria.
· Two months ago, the European Union was a single trade bloc, but today the Shengen Area is shattered thanks to Middle Eastern migration created by the US’s agitation in Syria, Iraq and Libya. Most major EU countries have erected some form of significant immigration control.
· Two months ago, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a fantastically horrible trade deal covering a huge swath of the globe, was being exposed for the fascist corporate takeover program it is. Today, as in literally today, October 5th, it has been “finalized” by all 12 Pacific Rim nations, including the US, and is on its way to being ratified.
· Two months ago, stock market volatility was something best remembered as a relic of the prolonged 2008-2009 crash. Today, the Dow Jones is capable of dropping 1,100 points in a single day, and many fear that markets could actually retrace most or all of the gains of the past half decade.
· And here’s something that happened recently that we haven’t even covered yet: A UN “global police force.”