Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Verse 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Less Than 10% of Christians Hold A Biblical World View. WR15-266
The information below is very disturbing about Christians.
The Barna Group, a leading Christian pollster, conducted the survey to which they defined the Christian worldview like this; “For the purposes of the survey, a “biblical worldview” was defined as
1. Believing that absolute moral truth exists;
2. The Bible is totally accurate in all of the principles it teaches;
3. Satan is considered to be a real being or force, not merely symbolic;
4. a person cannot earn their way into Heaven by trying to be good or do good works;
5. Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth;
6. God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today.
In the research, anyone who held all of those beliefs was said to have a biblical worldview.”
Less than 10% of professing Christians meet these qualifications. Personally, I would have added the need to be born again and a belief that the Lord will come again to establish His Kingdom on Earth to the definition, something that would have further reduced the percentage.
In summary, its reasonable to say that there are very few Christians in the US today who hold to a biblical worldview. Most Christians live lives that for the most part are indistinguishable from our unbelieving counterparts.