Friends, the renewal of peace talks in the Middle East does not bode well for the United States. Each time we engage in deals that give away Israel’s land something bad happens in America. Now, I do not know what the event will be, it could be an earthquake, foul weather, a hurricane a flurry of tornadoes or a terrorist attack but something really bad will occur. Again, we will find that the Roadmap to Peace is our Pothole to Peace.
This week we continue our discussion of the U.S. disasters linked to our anti-Israel statements and policies and also we will include in our discussion our leaders statements that defied God. Let’s begin with the number
9. The Curse in chapter 9 of Isaiah and how our leaders responded to God.
10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.
11 Therefore the LORD shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;
12 The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
13 For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts.
14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.
15 The ancient and honorable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.
The day after 9/11 Senate Majority Leader, Tom Daschle in his Floor Statement on a Joint Resolution of Condemnation of the September 11, 2001 attacks stated the following,
“But there is a passage in the Bible from Isaiah that I think speaks to all of us at times such as this:
The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with dressed stone; the fig trees have been felled, but we will replace them with cedars.
That is what we will do. We will rebuild and we will recover.
The people of America will stand strong together because the people of America have always stood together. And those of us privileged to serve this great Nation will stand with you.”
What Daschle said was not a call to humble ourselves before the Lord and seek God’s help and mercy.
Instead, it was a spirit of defiance and proud uttering that "we will rebuild", cursing us.
New York City Mayor, Rudolph Giuliani said on the day of the crisis: "We will rebuild: We're going to come out of this stronger than before, politically stronger, economically stronger. The skyline will be made whole again." .
Senator John Kerry stated in speech on the Senate Floor on September 12, 2001
"I believe one of the first things we should commit to - with federal help that underscores our nation's purpose - is to rebuild the towers of the World Trade Center and show the world we are not afraid - we are defiant."
New York State Governor, George E. Pataki said the following in his speech dedicating the building of the "Freedom Tower" on the 4th of July 2004:
"Today we build the Freedom Tower. ... Let this great Freedom Tower show the world that what our enemies sought to destroy, our democracy, our freedom, our way of life -- stands taller than ever."
The Bricks Are Fallen Down, But We Will Build With Hewn Stones.
When one looked at the destruction caused by the events on 9-11, all one could see was a pile of rubble.
Richard Pyle, an Associated Press journalist wrote an article titled "Changes continue at World Trade Center site as visitors get more of a glimpse into wreckage" and stated, “For three months, the 16-acre site had the look of post-World War II Berlin with its buildings skeletonized and reduced to piles of bricks.”
The bricks have in fact fallen down for this nation. But instead of calling upon His name, seeking His face, we have risen up with a fist shaking at heaven shouting that "We Will Rebuild"!
This spirit of defiance told God that we did not need His help.
We said we would come back bigger, stronger and more powerful than before. This was a solemn act of defiance by our leaders and they spoke on behalf of the American people.
"We Will Build With Hewn Stones" is the second part of the curse.
But what is "hewn stone"?
Simply said, hewn stone is stone that is quarried, or cut from the mountain.
On September 11, 2004, then Democratic Candidate for Vice President John Edwards spoke the Isaiah curse upon America while at the prayer breakfast for the Congressional Black Caucus
Here is what he said,"Good morning. Today, on this day of remembrance and mourning, we have the Lord’s word to get us through. 'The bricks have fallen, but we will build with dressed stones; the sycamores have been cut down, but we will put cedars in their place.'
... And let me show you how we are building and putting cedars in those three hallowed places - the footprints of the Towers, the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania. ... Walk with me through this day.
And you will see that while those bricks fell and the sycamores cut down, our people are making those cedars rise. ... Each time that bell tolls, it calls us to a greater purpose. It calls us to never forget.
It calls us to do the Lord’s work here on earth. And it calls on us to always remember that when we walk through this day together - the cedars will rise, the stones will go up, and this season of hope will endure.
We will do this, we will do that, we will raise the cedars, we will rebuild. The stones will go up we will put cedars in their place. unquote”
Donald Trump said he wanted to see the WTCs stronger and taller than before.
The stones did in fact go up. The first stone used in the
construction of the Freedom Tower was the hewn stone from New York granite which was lowered by crane in a ceremony on July 4, 2004. Governor George Pataki said this at the ceremony:
"Today is indeed, a momentous day. Today we take 20 tons of Adirondack granite -- the bedrock of our state -- and place it as the foundation, the bedrock of a new symbol of American strength and confidence. Today, we lay the cornerstone for a new symbol of this city and this country and of our resolve in the face of terror. Today we build the Freedom Tower."
What did they lay?
None other than a hewn granite stone cut from the mountains of New York's Adirondack mountain range, cut, polished just as Israel did in defiance when they rebuilt after being attacked by Assyria.
As many of you know, the first stone laid when building a new building is always the most important. It is that stone that all the others are set upon. It is the foundation, and the buildings strength that stone is also called "the cornerstone." In Hebrew this is also called the "Gazit" stone which means "hewn stone."
When a new building is erected it is the laying down of the cornerstone that begins the whole process of building the structure.
The laying of the cornerstone is a symbolic act. There is always a ceremony in laying the cornerstone.
Like ancient Israel, the United States has fulfilled the Isaiah curse.
The hewn stone was quarried from the "bedrock" in New York. The stone was a massive 20 ton block, and was airlifted to the site. They then laid it in the very place where "the bricks have fallen"… Ground Zero.
The mayor of New York City, the governor of New York State, the governor of New Jersey, officials tasked with the rebuilding, as well as corporate leaders, special VIP guests and the spectators gathered for the occasion.
On July 4, 2004 all these leaders and people were focused on a single object—the cornerstone, or Gazit Stone.
The massive 20 ton rectangular block of cut granite rock, that was laid on ground ordained by God so that the chapel of St Paul was built.
Washington, our senate, congress, our forefathers, dedicated our nation to Jehovah God in New York city, that ground today known as Ground Zero.
The hewn stone was named "the freedom stone" and represents the stone of defiance, our defiance in the face of God.
Consider what God directs us to do in Exodus 20:25 (KJV) And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
Why is the stone that is hewn for the alter polluted?
It is because it represents the works of man and we know that the works of man are polluted due to sin.
By having a stone that is not hewn, it is thus a stone created and formed by God.
Man cannot make any claims to the cutting, polishing, changing the stone in any manner.
The stone is as it is by the hand of God. It is not defiled by the sin of man, nor his pride in saying "look what great work I have done in the hewing of this stone."
What did Governor George Pataki say about the hewn stone?
"Today is indeed, a momentous day. Today we take 20 tons of Adirondack granite -- the bedrock of our state -- and place it as the foundation, the bedrock of a new symbol of American strength and confidence. (emphasis mine)
Pataki stated this 3 years after God's warning judgment on 9-11.
We did not heed the warning after 9-11, and we did not heed the warning july 4th 2004. In fact we are still standing in defiance.
Obama’s Inaugural Address given on January 20, 2009 reiterated the vow to rebuild, to begin anew and rise from the ashes on our own and without the collective prayers and sanction from God. His theme was one of defiance, note how many times he said "WE WILL" in his speech.
“…Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America. … For everywhere we look, there is work to be done. The state of our economy calls for action, bold and swift. And we will act, not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth. We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together. We'll restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. All this we will do. We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense. And for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken -- you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you.
Obama prophesied our doom with his clear cut act of defiance in the face of God.
10. On January 20, 1998 the Lewinsky Scandal erupted as Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu met with President Clinton at the White House and was rudely treated by Clinton. Clinton and Secretary of State Madeleine Albright refused to have lunch with Netanyahu. Do you think the Lewinsky scandal was a coincidence? I certainly don’t. Monica was a Jewish girl and Clinton’s actions towards Netanyahu and Israel caused the scandal to occupy almost all of Clinton's time and almost ruined his presidency.
11. On September 28, 1998: Hurricane Georges struck as Secretary of State Albright worked on the final details of an agreement in which Israel would give up 13% of Judah and Samaria, Hurricane Georges slams into the U.S. Gulf Coast focusing on Alabama. Georges had 110 mph winds and gusts up to 175 mph. Georges hit the coast and stalled. On September 28, Clinton met with Yasser Arafat and Netanyahu at the White House to finalize this land deal. Later, Arafat addressed the UN about declaring an independent Palestinian state. In May 1999, as Hurricane Georges pounds the Gulf Coast, causing $1 billion in damage. At the exact time that Arafat departs the country, the storm begins to dissipate.
12. From October 17 to 22 1998 ravaged Texas. On October 15, 1998, Arafat and Netanyahu met at the Wye River Plantation in Maryland. The talks were scheduled to last five days with the focus on Israel giving up 13 percent of its territory. The talks were concluded on October 23. On October 17, awesome rains and tornadoes hit southern Texas. The San Antonio area was deluged with rain. The rain and flooding in Texas continued until October 22 and then subside. The floods ravage 25 percent of Texas and caused over one billion dollars in damage. On October 21, Clinton declared this section of Texas a major disaster area.
13. On November 30, 1998 stock market capitalization evaporated as Arafat came to Washington to meet with President Clinton to raise money for a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital. A total of 42 other nations were represented in Washington. All the nations agreed to give Arafat $3 billion in aid. Clinton promised $400 million, and the European nations $1.7 billion. On the same day, the Dow Jones average dropped 216 points, and on December 1, the European Market had its third worst day in history. Hundreds of billions of dollars in market capitalization were wiped out in the U.S. and Europe. Was this just a coincidence? What do you think?
14. On December 12, 1998 Clinton went to the Palestinian controlled section of Israel to negotiate the "land for peace" deal. Meanwhile the House of Representatives voted four articles of impeachment against Clinton.
15. March 23, 1999: Arafat met with Clinton in Washington, DC. The stock market fell 219 points that day. The next day Clinton ordered an attack on Serbia.